MilGPS User Guide
Thanks for downloading MilGPS and welcome to the MilGPS User Guide.
This user guide contains instructions for how to achieve common tasks using MilGPS, as well as background information and design objectives.
Note: Screenshots in this guide may vary slightly from the screenshots you see in the app itself.
This user guide is designed for MilGPS 5.x released in March 2014. You can tell if you are using the 5.x version by whether there is an "Overlays" item in the main menu.
- Common elements
- Location Screen
- Navigate Screen
- Map Screens
- Overlay and Point Screens
- Settings Screen
- Get coordinates for your current location
- Create/edit/delete a point
- Navigate to a point
- Fix location errors
- Sharing points
- What datums are supported by the app?
- Does the app work without cell phone coverage?
- Why are MGRS grids truncated instead of rounded?
- Why are UTM grids rounded instead of truncated?
- How accurate is the app?
- Can I save maps for offline use?
- Is my information secure? Does the app "phone home"?
Please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback/bugs/feature requests.